My Blog List

Monday, March 3, 2008

A week of Mondays

Monday once again. I'm trying to get not excited necessarily, but at least accepting. We did some MAJOR yardwork yesterday & my aging body is reminding me that I'm NOT 22 yrs old anymore. Sucks, but someone has to do it.

Watched a relatively informative (if depressing) DVD last night -- Two Weeks starring Sally Field & others. She played a woman dying of either stomach or intestinal cancer. The story revolved around her 4 children & HER video testament. Went thru 4 Kleenexes but came away with a new respect for dying & dignity. There were some very hilarious moments that I'm sure really DO happen in RL.

Before THAT DVD we watched Martian Child with John Cusak, Joan Cusak, Amanda Peet, & others. Moralistic, but not preachy movie about a kid who creates a world of his own as a coping mechanism to this world & John Cusak's character adopts him. It's a we-need-each-other-but-don't-know-it-yet movie.

So all tolled, twas a learning & depressing Sunday. I'm assuming the rest of the week will be mediocre in comparison. Although I DO have a 2 day workshop on Grant Writing come Wed. & Thurs. in DC. I'll get to ride the ol' VRE again. I'm hoping this workshop will allow me some insight on how to separate rich, benevolent philanthropic people/companies from their millions to aid in the provision of a relative normal life to disabled folks. We'll see.

Well it's 0720 & I'm supposed to be out the door in 10, so I'd better scoot. I may be back later ....... or not.

take care .... stay kool .... be content MK

No comments: