My Blog List

Monday, March 31, 2008

April Fool ........ NOT

It's Monday ..... again. Drizzly, dark & dismal. But I'm alive, have a roof over my head & money in the bank. So all is not lost nor forgotten. I'd like to blame my foul mood on the weather, but truth be told it's just one component in a downward spiral.

Menopause is EVIL !! I don't remember puberty being this annoying. Now don't get me wrong -- I welcome it, but at the same time I curse the fact that I'm female & must endure this "rite of passage" as a part of the life cycle. Oh well, beats the alternative ..... for now anyway.

I gained TWO POUNDS last week ! HOW ?!!! I've been diligent in my diet (although exercise HAS suffered) & now that warmer weather is upon us, the veggie/fruit quota increases dramatically, I still can't see HOW it could have happened. Better half says it's "that time of the month." Hmmmm, coooooood be, but needless I was NOT happy when I stumbled onto the scale. Heading back to the gym this week ,so hopefully this is just a speed bump in my journey towards my goal weight.

Discovered a HUGE discrepancy in my checkbook .... to the tune of $298.00 AGAINST what I say is in my checkbook balance. 4 hrs & many expletives later I found it & it was the simplest of mistakes -- transposition of numbers. That's where you MEANT to write $145.00, but instead wrote $14.50 and continued merrily on your way. A misplaced zero can't cause HAVOC & baldness. ;-)

Well, Just one more day of March & it appears that it will be going out like a lamb. Does this mean we're reeeeeeeeeeeeeely going to get in April ?? Here's to NOT being anyone's April Fool.

take care .... stay kool .... be content MK

No comments: