My Blog List

Sunday, January 2, 2011

2 0 1 1

Four little numbers which by themselves mean little to anyone. Squeeeeeeeezed together and they take on a whole new meaning. It could be the end result of computation or the destination reached when counting. But no, in this case it means the beginning of a new year ..... 365 days and 365 opportunities to better oneself, master a hobby or recipe, develop a new (and improved) outlook on life.

With it being a new year, so many start out by making a list of "resolutions" for the future -- well at least 364 days into the future. Me ? I don't believe in resolutions (so I resolve to make NONE !), but I do have some goals that I'd like to see come to fruition -- maybe even conquer ! Here they are, in no particular order of attempt ..............

1 To try & see the GOOD in people instead of the ugliness that I usually pick out.

2 To be a better partner ... more caring, more supportive, better listener .... yada, yada, yada -- jussssssssssst kidding ;-).

3 To begin a "training regime" from which I will hopefully become strong enough to commute to work riding my bicycle (when weather permits of course) which in turn will save gas, save the environment & ultimately save ME.

4 To release some weight .... saaaaaaay around 40-ish pounds (if I lose more GREAT, if I lose less GREAT -- cos getting rid of it, is waaaaaaaaay better than adding it on !).

5 Take time to READ more, engage my brain in crosswords, cryptoquotes, etc -- & step away from the electronic trappings (READ : computer & TV) that have held me captive (admittedly willingly) for years.

So there ya have it. Short list I know, but still holds TONS of possibilities, perfections, perils & pleasures ! So wish me luck & let's get this year starrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrtttttttttttttteddddddddddddd !!!!

take care .... stay kool .... be content
molly =)

No comments: