My Blog List

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

"I've Sat Down & I Can't Get Up !"

Went back into the Y yesterday after work, like I had promised myself I would do. Imagine my surprise at the FULL parking lot !!! Ahhhhhh yesssssss, the onslaught of "It's-a-new-year-and-I'm-gonna-exercise-come-Hell-or-high-water" short-timers. I say short-timers cos they come in droves and stay rarely longer than 2 months .... just long enough to figure out that it really IS work !

Anyhoo, I managed to get a bike & plopped down for a nice heart-raising, sweat-producing ride of 20 mins @ ~ 14mph. Then cos there were NO hydraulic machines available, I opted for the elliptical instead. That machine HATES me & I waste no lost love for it either. So after some choice words regarding the programming, we were off & wellllllll, ellipticalling. 20 mins later my legs felt like spaghetti and I looked like a drowned rat. I'd say it was a successful session ! Still no machines available and I wasn't too mad as my legs probably couldn't have done anything more strenuous than carry me to my car.

Once back home I made a rookie mistake of sitting in the recliner "just to rest a bit" ........ 20 minutes later I attempted to get up out of said recliner. Success was NOT mine & the first wave of pain rushed in like a tidal wave !! Ohhhhhhhhhh the folly of thinking that I could just jump back onto that proverbial horse & ride like I'd been doing back in October ! The Best Half had to literally pull me up out of that chair ! It was then that I seriously considered eating standing up sos not to repeat another episode of "I've Sat Down & Now I Can't Get Up !" Whomever said these are our "golden years," lied ....... I'm thinking it's more like the "rusty" years ! Back at it today after work -- wish me luck & anyone have the Rescue Squad on speed dial ?!?!?! ;-)

1 comment:

billikit said...

MK , you are so dang funny! Love reading your blog. I also envy people that have a lot to say and say it with a heap of humor.